The Modern Manipulator
- — Reknown juggler
- — “Variety Act of the Year” – International Magicians Society, 2012
- — Guinness World Records record holder, 2011
- — 2-times Guinness World Records record holder, 2012
- — Guinness Book of World Records 2013
- — World Juggling Federation Championships 2004, United States – Silver Medal
- — National Juggling Championships 2005, The Netherlands – Gold Medal
- — National Juggling Championships 2005, The Netherlands – Gold Medal (2x)
- — International Jugglers’ Association 2006, Extreme Juggling – Gold Medal
- — National Juggling Championships 2007, The Netherlands – Gold Medal
- — National Juggling Championships 2009, The Netherlands – Silver Medal
- — National Juggling Championships 2011, The Netherlands – Silver Medal
- — Taiwan Circus Festival 2009 – Golden Award
- — Taiwan Circus Festival 2009 – Award for the best Juggler
- — Japan Juggling Championships 2009, 5 clubs – Silver Medal
- — Visa and MasterCard
- — Products shipped worldwide from the US
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Written over a century ago by Carl Martell and now prepared as an e-book by Niels Duinker, this original written juggling/magic book is (for the most part) still very relevant. Besides the insights you will gain about juggling and magic in the late 1800s, you will also learn about forgotten routines that you can use to enrich your repertoire with and that would still play very well in your act today. You will get the original script as written by Carl Martell. It is an exciting read for jugglers, variety performers; and sleight of hand, close-up, and stage magicians alike. You will read about the workings behind some long-forgotten vaudeville juggling stunts, magic tricks, and miscellaneous gags.
Primarily of interest to jugglers:
The book contains instructions on both plate juggling and plate spinning. Learn how to get started with hoop rolling and old-school ways to juggle five clubs, that are different from the now-standard cascade. You will also find how to make a good juggling cigar so that you can get started on gentleman juggling.
Primarily of interest to magicians:
The book also contains unique tricks for amateur and professional magicians. Read about manipulation moves with roses, cards, silks, the floating flame, chemical magic, the comical candle, the spinning handkerchief, and much more.
The book closes with a chapter with professional advice. How to light a juggling act, attitude towards earning money with your skills, how to receive more applause, prop selection and how to prepare your hands best when performing in both cold and hot weather.
Further some of the old-school gentleman juggling and magic stunts in this book: How to balance an egg, tricks with billiard sticks and balls, glassware, bowls, and comedy juggling stunts with hats.