First Edition Dai Vernon Book Of Magic Lewis Ganson Signed by Ganson
- — Curated sales validated by experts
- — No extra auction charges, just shipping costs
- — Validated Buyers and Sellers
- — Money exchanged at the reception of goods only
- — Bank Transfer
- — Visa and MasterCard
- — Tracked delivery of goods
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
This first edition is a classic of magic and includes Dai Vernon's linking rings moves and cups and balls routine. It uses high quality B&W photos throughout to show many of the moves.
The book has a partially torn spine. See pictures.
Each routine ends with an outline of the routine, which is great for practicing from. Highly Recommended.
CONTENTS IN BRIEF INCLUDE
- Foreword: How the Book Came To Be, and Some Introductory Remarks by Dai Vernon
- Introduction: About Writing the Book, by Lewis Ganson
- B&W Photo of "The Professor"
- Chapter 1: The Background to a Legend. Biographical notes on the magical life of Dai Vernon
- Chapter 2: The Vernon Touch. Lots of anecdotes about other magicians such as Nate Leipzig, Malini, and others.
- Chapter 3: A Chinese Classic. Routine for Coins Through the Table.
- Chapter 4: Penetration of Thought.
- Chapter 5: Three Ball Transposition.
- Chapter 6: Application of the Tenkai Palm.
- Chapter 7: The Linking Rings.
- Chapter 8: Seven Card Monte.
- Chapter 10: Expansion of Texture: Copper & Silver placed in hanky.
- Chapter 11: The Challenge.
- Chapter 12: Dai Vernon's Double Lift: with a well covered get ready.
- Chapter 13: The Cups & Balls. Dai Vernon's routine is a must study for effectiveness and routining.
- Chapter 14: Nate Leipzig's Card Stab.
- Chapter 15: Tips on Knots.
- Chapter 16: Six Card Repeat.
- Chapter 17: Free and Unlimited Coinage of Silver.
- Chapter 18: Mental Spell.
- Chapter 19: Pot Pourri.
- Chapter 20: Ball, Cone, and Handkerchief.
- Chapter 21: The Last Trick of Dr. Jacob Daley: Four Ace Transposition packet trick.
- Chapter 22: Paul Rosini's Impromptu Thimble Routine.
- Chapter 23: Vernon Poker Demonstration (Thanks to Jay Marshall).
- Chapter 24: The Thumb Tie: a full routine.